Hi,

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 03:54:29PM +0000, Jóhannes Birgir Jensson wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I'm curious to know if any OSM groups are currently running their
> own drones for imagery. In Iceland we have been looking longingly at
> the eBee https://www.sensefly.com/drones/ebee.html but so far
> haven't started fundraising for it.

I'd be very interested in a solution.

> Are there similarly sophisticated yet cheaper options around and
> currently in use?

I found this one:

https://store.3drobotics.com/products/3DR-Aero

Additionally one would need a camera - e.g. some Canon (not DSLR) with CHDK or
something beeing capable of continously shooting at e.g. 1/2Hz or something.
Flash
memory shouldnt be problem here.

I am unshure about focal length, frequency of shooting, rectifying images (work
needed) for later use in a WMS (GeoTIFF etc). Investing that much money without
having an idea whether results are usable is a little risky :)

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f...@zz.de