On 27 August 2014 17:47, Edward Betts <edw...@4angle.com> wrote:
> I've written some code to match items in Wikidata with items in OSM. Currently
> I have found 70,849 unique matches, where there is a one-to-one mapping
> between OSM and Wikidata objects.

To clarify (this wasn't clear to me from your e-mail): you are not
purely matching name tags, but you also require matching objects to be
in close geographic proximity (using the location tag from Wikidata).

Doing that, I think the chance of wrong matching is negligible. I also
looked through the list myself, and couldn't find any wrong match.

I would say go ahead, the additional data would surely be useful for
openstreetmap.

-- Matthijs