SomeoneElse <li...@mail.atownsend.org.uk> wrote:
> On 27/08/2014 17:47, Edward Betts wrote:
> >Matching criteria:
> >
> >https://github.com/EdwardBetts/osm-wikidata/blob/master/entity_types.json
> >

> Presumably there's some geographical matching criteria too (so each "Black
> Hill" in the "hills" list is matched to the correct one)?
>
> If so, is there a licence issue where wikidata has imported from wikipedia,
> and wikipedia has obtained position information from who-knows-where
> (probably a source not compatibly licensed with OSM)?  In at least one
> example(1) there's no wikipedia reference on the OSM node.

Yes, I'm matching based on the coordinates in Wikidata and OSM, the
coordinates need to be within 400m of each other.

I don't think there is a license problem. I'm not planning to copy location
information from Wikidata to OSM, just establishing the mapping between OSM
and Wikidata.

I think a good comparison is there various ref:*=* tags.
See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:ref#Key_variations

We use keys like ref:mhs and ref:sandre to establish a link to other datasets.
There are no rules about the how these datasets were generated.

--
Edward.