On 29/08/14 16:11, Andy Street wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 15:59:07 +0100
Tom Hughes <t...@compton.nu> wrote:

On 29/08/14 15:57, Andy Street wrote:

FWIW I'm seeing a different error in JOSM:

"WARNING: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code:
401 for URL:
https://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/changeset/25098566/upload.";

The upload succeeds if HTTP is used instead of HTTPS.

401 is just it telling you to enter your password.

There is no password; I authenticate using oauth. The oauth token is
valid if submitted as HTTP but invalid if submitted as HTTPS.

Yes I think you have found the reason why https requests were being forwarded to the backend as https - because otherwise the oauth validation fails on the backend.

The problem is that apache 2.4 seems to be throwing random 400 errors when requests are forwarded over https.

I'm going to reenable https forwarding for now, as random 400 errors are better than some people not being able to upload at all.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/