On 18/09/2014 17:07, Stephan Knauss wrote:

It's coming from their database. Google does expose a classification through the v3 API. My map does consider the road types "arterial" and "highway" as major and "local" as minor. For OSM data unclassified and higher is considered major.

OK. Ignoring that we're not meant to use Google data to amend OSM data, & there's a strong case to say that you are, I'll still not be using your diff map:

1. Confusing to use. That it flashes whenever a user pans or zooms is irritating and that you need to repeatedly swap between renderings makes it highly non user friendly.

2. To validate any differences, only to find they're repeatedly Google problems is not a great use of my time.

3. I don't think your correlation of road classifications is accurate enough.

Dave F.

---
is active.