For me it is not unthinkable that once a company starts using OSM data for
a commercial offering, they might start demanding to add that data.  Of
course they cannot demand anything from the community, but they can import
the data, or some people might feel a need to import data, or... It's hard
to explain in a foreign language and via mail. But for me, allowing
(address) imports is already a form of obeying that marketing demand. Then
OSM is no longer about people surveying and drawing from aerial images.

regards