I thank Christoph and Kathleen for obliquely raising an issue ... which I'd crudely put as politics versus bureaucracy. It is a very important one and touches back on the topic of modus operandi of the OSMF board. I, perhaps in a minority, regard the entire OSMF set-up as volunteer bureaucrats ... we are primarily helping protecting and growing a resource, the OSM database, that is not ours. And, as I learnt during the license change process, consensus-seeking is an e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y important part of the bureaucracy role.

So, Christoph, yes, I like to see what positions candidates take, it helps me decide who will be the best bureaucrat and thus who I will personally vote for. And Kathleen, yes, board members should be both seeking and forming consensus. And if one starts that as a candidate, all the better. Just remember that consensus is not always the loudest voices!

Mike