On 18/12/2014 21:27, Andreas Goss wrote:

Well, it's kinda what contact does. http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:contact

I can't believe this has reared its ugly head again. How little/much it's used is really irrelevant. It's usefulness is what counts & prefixing a tag adds no value.

From memory the original claim was all 'contacts' could be filtered out in one go, but it was pointed out that post filtering would still need to be performed, and I'm no programming expert, but I was led to believe parsing a string like 'contact:email' is slow.

The wiki page doesn't actually say why it's needed.

Dave F.

---