On 27 November 2014 at 01:16, Matthijs Melissen
<i...@matthijsmelissen.nl> wrote:
> We are considering to change the colour of buildings in
> openstreetmap-carto, the default rendering on openstreetmap.org.
> Because this change has a significant effect on the looks of the map,
> we would like to consult the community before going ahead with this
> change.

I would like to thank everyone for their feedback, either here or on
Github. The new style has been accepted with some improvements, and is
about to be deployed.

We have changed some aspects of the rendering as the result of your
suggestions. In particular, we made the buildings a bit darker on zoom
levels up to zoom 14, and we shifted the colour to colour that is more
gray rather than brownish.

There are still a couple of minor issues of which we are aware, such
as the rendering of buildings on top of barracks. We will keep working
on solving these.

We also haven't taken a definite decision on whether to render
churches darker or not. It is clear that opinions diverge on this
topic. We might reconsider the decision to render churches darker in
the future.

-- Matthijs