Hi
in my opinion buildings could be slightly darker. It is visible enough on
higher zoom levels but at zoom 14 and above its like there are no
buildings. (Especially buildings inside industrial areas)
I think the the amount of buildings in OSM is very nice and thats why we
shouldn't hide it too much. A little darker than in the demo and I would be
happy.

Thanks for developing the openstreetmap-carto style
Christian aka Hedaja