* People are making discussions that come to no conclusion, this is so
notorious.

I guess one of the main reasons is that you often don't have to come to a conclusion. There is no pressue. If there is no agreement everybody just keeps tagging like before. I have this with fitness centre/gym now again. A few replies and then nobody cares. (compared to Wikipedia, where in the end you actually want to write something on the page, so you have to agree on something and can't just mash everything on a page)

(compare with Wikipedia)

I think the main difference is that most of the Wikipedia stuff is discussed on Wikipedia. Meanwhile the OSM database is seperated from the Wiki. In addition mailinglists and Forums are used by a lot more people than talk: pages.

I keep preaching it over and over again, but unfortunately very few people are willing to invest time into the Wiki. It's just so sad when you look on TagInfo and see how many tags lack a documentation.