> Subject: [OSM-talk] Routing across parks
>
> For example let's use parks. Both of the foot routers won't cross the
> park unless there's a specific path way. However, as users can wander
> about anywhere they like there are no marked paths, not even worn
> ground. (I would post an example but OSM has just gone down)

If I understand correctly that you want routing to cross a park as long as
the way in and the way out are connected to the perimeter of the park. This
is only correct in parks where you are free to walk anywhere. Most parks in
continental Europe do not work this way. Typically, but not always, you
have to stay on the paths.

To solve this, one needs possibly a new (?) tag for parks like
stay_on_path=yes|no