On 10/03/2015 16:56, Volker Schmidt wrote:

    Subject: [OSM-talk] Routing across parks

    For example let's use parks. Both of the foot routers won't cross the
    park unless there's a specific path way. However, as users can wander
    about anywhere they like there are no marked paths, not even worn
    ground. (I would post an example but OSM has just gone down)

Most parks in continental Europe do not work this way. Typically, but not always, you have to stay on the paths.

To solve this, one needs possibly a new (?) tag for parks like stay_on_path=yes|no

You're talking about the opposite problem really: If there are tagged paths then the routers can easily transverse the area.

I'm trying to get them to cross an area when there are no defined paths & the whole area is accessible.

---