On 24/04/15 09:59, Robin Paulson wrote:
> On 2015-04-24 17:37, Clifford Snow wrote:
>> Is this work part of what is described on the wiki [1] for importing
>
> no, this isn't linz data, it's a new set from auckland council. the page
> below hasn't been touched in 3 years.

It would seem to be in LINZ format as it's using the linz loader ..

>> Linz data? Have you discussed this on the New Zealand mailing list?
>
> i brought it up, he's a member there. it's a poor choice using google
> groups for discussing osm, so i'm not a member and don't intend to be.

Ditto ... but unfortunately if government data is to be made available
it's not unusual for 'google' to be greasing palms to make things happen
:( It's much the same with the UK waterways data and in many other
places 'google' has an unfair stranglehold on some access routes!

>> Have you attempted to contact him. If he doesn't respond then I would
>> contact the DWG for assistance.
>
> yes, it appears he's stopped as of a few hours ago, perhaps because i
> pointed out i was posting here. we'll see what happens

As I indicated ... it is more a matter of what is wrong with the new
data. I WOULD expect new building  data to include the address and
perhaps the fact that this is missing is good enough reason not to allow
the import. Particularly if the buildings removed did have addresses?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL