OSM should act as a consultant to data consumers. Whenever a mistake like
this is spotted, we should try to contact the data consumer and help repair
the misinterpretation. I think nothing more is needed.

We should also make it easier for data consumers to interpret data
correctly. I think we should have a machine readable list of tag
combinations wih their semantic meanings.

Janko