I know that donation drive has just ended successfully, but while I can find only some data about the technical needs it fulfills:

http://donate.openstreetmap.org/server2015/#details

there are no detailed informations on what impact may it have on more practical level. For example I would like to know if we may get z20 tiles for default (osm-carto) layer one day or maybe a tile server for "testing" branch for this style?

Or maybe the donation was meant just to keep us running as we are today with no further development plans?

--
"The train is always on time / The trick is to be ready to put your bags down" [A. Cohen]