On 17/08/2015 11:54 PM, Frederik Ramm wrote:
Hi,

On 08/17/2015 03:13 PM, Colin Smale wrote:
So if I think something is useful to me, and I am prepared to maintain
it to my own satisfaction, I can feel free add it

I'd think it should be documented in the wiki .. so others can 'see' what it is
and use it if they like.

And the source tag should be used.
Do remember you won't be around forever, so there must be some thought for the
future.
And give some thought to creating tags that are able to be applied world wide,
or if not world wide at least to a fair number of features.

... to a file on your local computer where it will continue to please
you for years to come ;)

With that attitude there would be very little in OSM.

I add stuff that interests me, stuff that others may find usefull and
occasional stuff that simply improves the look of the map (and may give some
help to people not familiar with the area).

Adding new tags .. things that would be usefull to others is my goal here.