On 20/08/2015 02:16, Jóhannes Birgir Jensson wrote:

According to the github discussion there is an "overwhelming consensus" [2] on moving from current rainbow colour scheme for roads to a red-yellow only scheme.

I don't think you'll ever get an "overwhelming consensus" from such a large "committee". :)

I rendered z0-z11 locally to see what it looks like and was pleasantly surprised - it's much less "orange" than some of the previous iterations that there have been discussions and blog posts about, and better for it. I'm not quite sure that z7 is quite there (see the difference at http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Mateusz%20Konieczny/diary/35586#comment31695 ), and obviously any change takes getting used to, but it's not markedly worse than what went before and does resolve the "invisible trunk road" problem, which really is a problem.

Cheers,

Andy (SomeoneElse)