On 09/09/2015, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Am 09.09.2015 um 13:14 schrieb moltonel 3x Combo <molto...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Martin, have a look at http://osm.org/go/Zc9j8qfSV-?m (near Russ's
>> most recent example) and tell me how this section "somehow has lasted
>> or has had a strong impact that is still observable today".
>
> how could I tell without going there?

I thought I had preemptively answered that :

On 09/09/2015, moltonel 3x Combo <molto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When stuff have been contructed over the former railroad like this,
> there's no need for a local survey to see that nothing is left. IMHO,
> at most a section of Albert Street could have railway=abandoned as an
> additional tag. I have my doubts about the sections under the forest
> too, but that requires a survey to assert.

The line is going through multiple buildings and a wide low wall.
That's as unambiguous as it gets. The lack of any other sign on the
grass and highway areas are an additional good hint. If you're mapping
a railroad here, you're mapping the past.

Or are you saying that the imagery might be too old, the railway could
have been restored since ? The imagery was taken around the same time
as the first changeset, and the changeset sources either say nothing,
or bing, or osm wiki (!).

Talking about past features, tagging gauge=* on a railway=abandoned
way (which by definition does not have any tracks left) should be an
impossible combination. Tagging electrified=* is also a funny idea.