On 26 October 2015 at 10:28, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "provides access to existing users" - I am not sure what you want. Who
> was last to edit given element? List of all user accounts? List of users
> active in a given region? Something else?

I mean for instance list of all users and its declared location
(assuming that this is a poor indicator: we tend to sometimes edit in
remote places, declared location may be outdated, etc).

> Also - counting all nodes will give poor result. Place with massive
> amount of outdated data with dead community that used to be active will
> score highly. Place with new, highly active community will score
> poorly. At least, one should count only new/recently modified
> ways/nodes/elements.

Total nodes may be a good indicator for completeness, while recent
nodes may be useful for assessing the activity of the community. I am
interested on both indicators.

On the other hand, I believe recent nodes may be a misleading
indicator on regions where the DB is quite complete (I am interested
specifically about highway=*) and there is little urbanization
activity. Of course, there is always some corrections to do on any
area, but probably they are statistically negligible compared with a
region which still has lot of unmapped roads.

César

   César Martínez Izquierdo
   GIS developer
   Blog: http://geotechnotes.wordpress.com/
   ETC-SIA: http://sia.eionet.europa.eu/
   Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (SPAIN)