> Worse, I see many HOT changesets that have source=Bing in the
> changeset comment instead of a separate tag.
>
> Although... Does iD allow setting changeset tags?

The ID Editor doesn't seem to support other changeset tags.
JOSM supports as much changeset tags as you like, but you have to know that
this is possible. I only noticed the other tabs in the upload dialog
recently. I always was focused on the "settings" tab where you just can
input the comment and the source.

I like the usage of hashtags. It enables you to do better analytics but
also has the potential to find the root of errors. We use hashtags in our
German "Wochenaufgabe"(weekly task). If a lot of people start to map things
in an uncommon way because of the weekly task it would be more easy to know
where this idea came from.
One problem I see is if you use to many hashtags and if they aren't
searchable. I hoped to find the HOT task when searching for the hastag but
it did show up int he first search entries. I think this may be fixiable.
But I agree that hashtags would find a better place in an extra tag, but
the editors have to support it and make it easily accessible.

Christian