Thank you for a thought-provoking reply. I am neither a HOT voting member nor an OSMF voting member, so I'm probably unaware of any internal politics that are going on. I do chair the HOT Training WG, which I see as an attempt to solve a problem: hundreds or thousands of volunteers who want to contribute and have to be made capable of doing so in a very short time. And I do see a general trend toward professionalization of HOT operations, more or less for the same reasons.

As a naive lurker on the lists, I took the announced candidacies at face value. That is, committed individuals decided individually to run for office. I agree that if all of them got elected, HOT would dominate the Board, but that is surely not a foregone conclusion. But do you really have evidence of a HOT conspiracy as opposed to a set of committed individuals?

I note the references to Kate Chapman as representative of HOT. She is no longer executive director there. Is she not up for re-election?

Tom Taylor
TomT5454