On 12/2/2015 2:12 PM, Jean-Guilhem Cailton wrote:
It also happens that I have stopped renewing my membership to the OSMF after an election where a candidate was excluded from the vote because his views on a controversial subject (related to license change) were strongly different from those of the majority of the previous Board. Note that Mr. Maron was already a member of this outgoing Board, that had a conception of basic democracy different from mine, according to which it should have been up to the voters not to vote for a candidate if they didn't agree with his views. So, anyway, I cannot write to that list.

Although I wasn't on the board at the time, I was around then, and the situation was a bit different.

In 2012 two people tried to run for board without being members (i.e. they couldn't), and then someone tried to pay or register for their membership on their behalf. The board at the time rejected their application.

I can't find any minutes from the time and can't speak to the views of the board at the time, but there was a view that the person attempting to pay was doing it solely to cause problems.

The board at the time was Steve Coast, Henk, Oliver, Mikel, Matt Amos, Dermot, and Richard Fairhurst.

I didn't know the background on one of the individuals, but I'd have rather seen the other become a member the normal way (paying themselves), run for board, and lose.

Under the AoA the board cannot stop a member from running in a board election, and a member can only be removed for a small number of reasons, and they have a right of appeal to the next general meeting. There are also provisions under the Companies' Act for OSMF members to remove board members.