> To make a long story short: it's a tagging error. The wikipedia tag
> should contain only links to wikipedia pages describing the object
> not to pages about the operator.

Sorry, I'm with Maarten on this: it's a programming error.

I've tried searching on plenty of common stores and businesses that the average user here in the US might -- Dunkin' Donuts, Kohl's, PetSmart, Lowe's, Dollar Tree, Sports Authority, Red Roof Inn -- and the matching location that is ACTUALLY ON THE MAP in front of me is almost never shown in the first page of hits, let alone on the top of the list.

I'm well aware that OSM is more than a map, but the fact remains that when I tell people "Hey, you should check out OpenStreetMap", the first thing they see is the main map page. And if its searching facility is braindead, I feel we're doing ourselves a disservice.

John