Am 07.01.2016 um 12:04 schrieb Dave F.:
> It needs clarifying that it's using Google maps/Streetview that's
> unauthorized.
>
> I use Google almost every time I add to the database. For example in
> Great Britain there's currently a project to map & update all schools
> in the country. To find their website addresses I use Google search,
> perfectly legitimately.
I'm not quote sure why you believe that.

While using a small number of individual search results is likely OK
both in the US and EU, systematic extraction and use of specific google
search results by OSM is at least potentially problematic (and the same
goes for any other collection/database of websites). Google doesn't seem
to say anything explicit on the matter, but then I just might be missing it.

SImon