> Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 10:28:31 +0100
> From: vosc...@gmail.com
> To: talk@openstreetmap.org
> Subject: [OSM-talk] Georeferencing lots of photos using JOSM
>
> Hi Russ
>

> Solution: I remember where I took every photo (but if I see you
> walking on the street I won't remember your name; go figure) ....
>
> There is at least one free (but not open) program for Windows that does
> what you want for JPEG pictures: http://www.geosetter.de/en/ ....

One open source cross platform program (including Windows) that can
georeference photographs against existing waypoints, tracks or for any place
you choose is Viking.

To geotag a image against any place without any GPX file info:

1. Ensure you have a map layer and move to roughly the area one is interested
in.
2. File->Open -> select JPG(s) file. This should create waypoint(s) in the
centre of the screen.
3. Select the waypoint and press shift+mouse drag the waypoint to location you
want [or right click for waypoint properties and manually set the specific
lat/lon coordinates.
4. Select the waypoint and right click and select 'Update Geotag on
Image-->Update'

Disclaimer: I'm the lead maintainer for Viking

HTH.

Rob.