> this means that all turn:lanes, change:lanes, access:lanes,
> forward:lanes, backward:lanes, etc. should count ALL lanes

Turn lanes meant for a turn in a particular direction at the junction. I'm
not sure if the concept of a turn lane extends to a cycle?

The turn lane data should provide enough information to a car driver on
which lane to take for a turn. Its obviously important to know the presence
of a cycle lane in between the car turn lanes for proper guidance, and the
main questions is if the `turn:lane` key is suitable for capturing this
data.

Arun
<http://j.mp/ArunGanesh>