On 16-03-23 09:54:34, Warin, wrote 6.0K characters saying:
On 23/03/2016 2:47 AM, Pierre Béland wrote:
On 2016-03-22 14:10, Frank Villaro-Dixon wrote:
# First goal:
First goal is quite simple. The idea is to work only on relations
which have a natural=water .  Then, it will:
   * Delete natural=water from all the ways if they are NOT closed or
   ring 0.

This is a good proposition to look at unclosed polygons and see if a potential incorrect keys to fix.

I agree with others that using a Bot is not a safe way to handle these problems. Could a script to extract such unclosed polygons be proposed? This way, each local community could take care to fix data for their area, importing and examining the data in the JOSM Editor. The Todo plugin could be used to go through the items to correct.

Pierre

An unclosed polygon is an error ... and should be fixed.
These can be detected using OSM Inspector. There are lots of them!

Surely that is a higher priority than deleting duplicate tags from ways that exist in relations (closed of not)? So go fix the unclosed polygons, that will have much more benefit to the map than the deletion of duplicates.
Maybe it's an higher priority, but that doesn't interest me. If someone wants to, good for them. Now, the lower priority 'redundant tag deleting' is still needed, and if it can be done automatically (nobody still hasn't given me a fuckup example), then why not ? It's still usefull if you want to extract all the lakes of the world, for example.

--
frank.villaro-dixon.eu       - PGP: 6F36914A
Envie d'électricité 100% verte ? Enercoop.fr