blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px
#715FFA solid !important;  padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white
!important; }
>http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Gaza#Commercial_aerial_photography

Yes, we raised money to buy imagery, in the first HOT activation. Yahoo imagery
only covered the southeast part of Gaza. If we had a mechanism to request
imagery from providers, we certainly would have. The situation is very
different today for OSM. You only need to look at the Ecuador response to see
the willingness of imagery providers to help when there is a need.
Mikel

On Monday, April 25, 2016, 1:32 PM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:

Hi,

On 04/25/2016 07:02 PM, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> see for example http://wiki.openstreetmap.org and

Gah, broke the link -

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Gaza#Commercial_aerial_photography

Bye