On 21.06.2016 15:36, Oleksiy Muzalyev wrote:

I wrote a program http://ausleuchtung.ch/geo_wiki/ which allows to find location of all Wikipedia articles either by coordinates in the articles themselves, or by the OpenStreetMap tags (wikipedia, wikimedia_commons, wikidata) in the radius of ten kilometers around a click.

It works for all language versions of Wikipedia, just change Wikipedia language field from en to fr, de, it, ru, etc. A search by an OSM tag may take 2 - 3 seconds.

So it is possible to check Wikipedia articles locations and OSM tags in an area visually. I noticed and corrected quite of few Wikipedia articles with wrong geographical coordinates with this tool. Probably people, who posses encyclopedic knowledge and create articles, are not always too good in cartography.

Best regards,

Oleksiy

For example, - the article Chapelle Notre-Dame-des-Voirons de Boëge https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapelle_Notre-Dame-des-Voirons_de_Bo%C3%ABge

You can see in the History of this Wikipedia article the correction of geographical coordinates on January 1, 2016. This chapel is situated on a mountain, but before the correction the coordinates had been pointing on the top of another mountain, about 15 kilometers away.
brgds
Oleksiy