My concern is based on the fact that post codes are deemed "important"
enough to be among maps.me's presets (they only allow presets and no free
tagging if I'm not mistaken) and post codes are something that's easy to
look up in sources we can't use but new users oblivious to what their
contributions in fact are don't know we can't use.

/Andreas, who has been surveying the province of Skåne, Sweden since 2008.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Grillo