On 11/07/16 18:12, john whelan wrote:
> I would basically give everyone an address in the world, its Open source
> and as far as complexity goes the UK uses what is called precise or the
> street number plus postcode which often is 9 characters and digits to
> uniquely identify an address so using ten wouldn't be that much more
> complex.

For a UK address, the sub building name and building name can be up to
80 characters to fit in the Royal Mail PAF record and building number up
to four digits. There are additional 'premises elements', and even some
of the thoroughfare elements may be additional to the postcode itself,
so 10 characters is never enough.

Open Location Code lacks the ability to handle multi-story housing. It
only gets you to the apartment block. This is an area where OSM still
needs some more work.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL