On 11/07/16 20:58, john whelan wrote:
> In Canada suite 201 would be understood to be 2nd floor suite 1 of the
> building.  Where did the name of the building come into it?
Sub-building element of any addressing scheme. BUT OLC specifically
excludes adding something like that ... unless they have changed the
spec again?

> Do you have
> a suggestion for Africa that is less than a very long string of latitude
> and longitude remembering that any encoding system would need to be
> understood by both the person creating it and the person using it?
>
> Are you saying there is a better solution for encoding the co-ordinates?
I'm saying that OLC is just one of many methods, and it is simply a
conversion of the already stored latitude and longitude. The interface
tools are the only element that needs to support any of these
conversions. Nothing needs to be stored in the database.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL