On 2016-08-07 01:43, Michał Brzozowski wrote:
There has been an update to Google Maps styling [1] and I have to say,
they left me impressed.
The overall look is cleaner, which is very welcome after a series of
disappointing changes, but the thing I consider very innovative is how
buildings (and on lower zooms - areas) with lots of "activities" (i.e.
POIs) are highlighted in beige.

I don't know if I understand you right, but different colors for different purposes is hardly an innovation.

And overall I find the new Google Maps look not an improvement. The same as with the last OSM change, every color was toned down. All colors came closer together, highlights are gone, everything is more bland. If you evolve this you would get a white map.

Regards,
Maarten