At the moment I am working from a slow internet connection. It seems that
JOSM only uses its imagery cache if there is no connection at all. If there
is a connection it seems that it always attempts to fetch tiles from the
source even they are already in the cache..  Is this the intended
functionality? It would be nice that if once imagery was cached the cache
was hit. I often find myself revisiting a given area within minutes.  For
example, I may draw all the roads, and then go back over the area to draw
all of the buildings.

Mike