If you look at parts of Africa in particular there are too many to send out
individual emails.  HOT doesn't even begin to validate more than half the
tiles that its mappers marked done never mind the ones have mapped on.  So
that's where the question comes from.  I'm not saying its all HOT by any
means.

The question is more because of the quite large numbers is there some
better way to handle these.  To catch the mappers before they get set in
their habits?  Can we use some statistical analysis to see if we can reduce
the number?

I accept that JOSM will warn but it can be overridden I don't know enough
about iD or other editors.

Cheerio John