I'm giving a lecture in a weeks time on crowd-sourcing GIS data at a GIS-event in Iceland.

As we know OSM gets a bit of bad edits, some of them in good faith, a very minor part vandalism. I will highlight a couple of examples just to give people an idea of the risks but just looking at OSM itself so far we are well ahead in risk vs reward for an open GIS dataset!

I will mention the edit boom that came with Maps.me editing feature and have a couple of amusing examples from Iceland but would appreciate more.

Also if anyone has any statistics about vandalism ratio and other bad edits I would love to see that.

regards,
Jóhannes
OSM Iceland