http://worstofosm.tumblr.com/  is a bit sarcastic and a bit tainted dont you
think?
The first example is about power lines in Canada.  There are people that dont
like imports and like to criticize efforts of canadian mappers to develop the
map. Let's go further and look why we can see a power line outside of the cut
where it should fit.
There are are vast nordic territories in Canada with scarce population, forest
and mining industry and in some parts huge hydroelectric projects. Quite
different from urbanised territorries south of Canada or in western Europe. No
priority to provide imagery for these territories. Some suggest we should leave
these territories blank instead of importing data. They are advocating to erase
all these bad edits. I advocate for them to come and help us, really help us,
not erase the map.

OSM is a complex project with the parts that not all fit well together. You
have Nominatim, the Styling, the keys all biazed to reflect a certain reality,
often urbanized countries of western Europe and their commerces.

We dont understand the reality of the highway networks in Africa and we dont
understand the reality of such immense nordic territories. And we often have
difficulty to take account to the various social and medical services or other
features that reflect our social and economic activity.  If we could reflect
this with a nasty picture :)

I will talk about the Quebec province that I know more and where I have
intensively mapped power lines, hydroelectric power dams and substations. I
have mapped carefully with Bing the James Bay hydroelectric Project reservoirs
that span for hundred of kilometers, added the hundred of dams, power station
and aligned the Power lines. Try to find any of these from Nominatim.
Impossible. The Nominatim developpers dont see any interest to include the
power key in the searches. I also prepared relations to combine power
facilities related to the various reservoirs. Try to find any.  Not easy then
for contributors to find these "bad edits" and repair them.

Try to find any of these through Nominatim. Or try to find any village.  North
of Quebec is a vast territory, the size of Germany but where only 35,000 people
people live in remote villages. Try to find these villages on the Map. Is the
Mapping style adapted to such territories.  Imagery such as Bing High
resolution is not available everywhere on these territories.  Does these Bad
examples selection suggest we should leave blank an area the size of Germany.
Anyway it often looks blank with the mapping style since it is very hard while
zooming out to have an idea of what you can find in these territories.
Zooming-in you have to be quite lucky to find something.
Myself, I can live with the fact that the power line is not perfecty aligned
until imagery is available. Those that prefer to use bot to spot bad edits and
revert would be more useful if thy can come and help :)
As you can see, OSM is a complex system with many parts to make a great map and
there are improvements that we can make in many areas. OSM is not only a
mapping project.  There are various parts and we have to find ways to better
match the various parts, to be able to share decisions with developpers and
better reflect the various realities of this OSMPlanet.
So the slightly misalligned power linean Example of well intentioned but wrong
edit ?

regard

Pierre