Just to pick up one point from this...

On 26/12/16 11:36, Rod Bera wrote:
Systematic bias put into the OSM base towards maximising benefits for a
minority of users is a threat.
Especially when the primary interest of these users is not OSM in itself.

Sounds like I'm bang to rights there! Most of what I add to OSM (footpaths, trees, whether a local pub has a stone floor and a real fire etc.) could be exactly described as "maximising benefits for a minority of users". Worse, the local OSMers all seem to be doing the same thing - shops, house numbers, a borderline obsession with tunnels, but everyone has different ideas of what to do, so that somehow a wide range of things are covered.

Cheers,

Andy