On 1 January 2017 06:32:53 GMT+00:00, Russ Nelson <nel...@crynwr.com> wrote:
>moltonel 3x Combo writes:
> > While this is only an anecdotal result, there are clearly a lot more
> > spawns on this walk than in the surrounding area (I regularly get
> > 10-15 spawns on this 700m footway, but only 1-2 covering the same
> > distance along the primary to get there).
> >
>> IMHO, the biggest news here is that (a subsidiary of) Google is using
> > OSM data in a high-profile product.
>
>OR PoGo is using the fact that a bunch of people walk that way playing
>Pokemon Go than other places.

It's not likely to be PoGo users because playing PoGo here is pretty boring
because of the rarity of pokestops and the lack of gyms. You could argue that
it's Android users in general (who didn't opt out of location history), but
here are a few counter-arguments:

* the comercial part of town has much more footfall, but still comparatively
few PoGo spawns (about 2-4 between the bridge and the crossroad; nothing at the
christian church despite high atendance)
* the spawns all along the footway are mostly water types (starmie, psyduck,
goldeen...) which are known to spawn near rivers/lakes. GM has only maped the
river that follows along half the footway, not the tributary that follows along
the other half. Neither river shows up ingame.
--
Vincent Dp