Hi everyone,

Since 2008 we had a https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Top_Ten_Tasks wiki page which listed things new developers could work on, that would improve OSM users experience. Things like OSM bugs (notes) integration, an improved history tab and clickable points of interest. The list was last updated in 2011.

We at the Engineering Working Group are now working towards updating the top ten tasks page, so it reflects needs and wishes of the current OpenStreetMap users and mappers. We have some ideas, but we also need your help.

You all use the website, the API and other core services daily. And you must have things that are bothering you, or that you wish were implemented. Please go to https://pads.ccc.de/k4rlFOGIHb and add these to the list. Anything can go there: it's a brainstorming, not a final list.

Next Tuesday, when the EWG meets, we will look through the list and identify the tasks for the top ten. If you wish to attend, mark the time: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=EWG+Meeting&iso=20170411T20&ah=1 and set up Mumble: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble . We will be happy to hear your thoughts.

Ilya