>I  am not sure, since I didn't build the app, but my experience is that it
download the quests of the direct area in a range of 1 km or so, witch
means, you need a working data connection, be it WiFi or 3/4G. The upload
of your answers will happen when you get a data connection, until then it
will be stored.

You can zoom to an area then grab quests and tiles.  So typically I'll look
at the area I'm interested in at home, grab everything then go off line and
go to the area of interest.  Do the quests and either have a coffee and
upload or come home and upload.  There is an issue about how much storage
you need for map tiles but its doable.