> Don't assume such cases are just a freak anomaly - they are not.  OSM
> and wikidata are two very different projects which developed in very
> different contexts.  Just another example: For most cities and larger
> towns (at least in Germany) there exists an admin_level 6/8 unit with
> the same name and most of these seem to have a single wikidata item
> while in OSM we have two separate concepts for the populated place
> (place=city/town) and the administrative unit (boundary relation with
> boundary=administrative + admin_level=6/8).
>
> Hello Christoph,
this specific case was pointed out some time ago also on the italian
mailing list.
You're right on the issue, but on Wikidata recently someone created the
entity for the proper cities in Italy.
Here's the sparql query (all the objects which are marked capital of an
italian municipality)

http://tinyurl.com/yb2cjbae

Not all the municipalities have this property (6k objects instead of 8k)

> --
> Christoph Hormann
> http://www.imagico.de/

Ciao,