Seems, that I was mistaken:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edits_code_of_conduct states:

Either talk (a general purpose mailing list)
or if your edit affects only one country or territory then the
national-language mailing lists, forums, or other standard
communication methods for the territory affected by the change
or ...

This seems odd to me, as not all communities affected by a mechanical
edit are represented in talk. So this means that the country in which
most edits will take place do not have to be consulted ?

regards

m.

p.s. OSM is a community project, not a programmers project, it's about
people, not software :-)