I need to download all version 3 bus stops in a country which has about
30,000 bus stops. Version 3 exists since a 2012 import. What's the
recommended way to accomplish this? I have two ways in mind.

1. Fetch all stops with Overpass API, then, for each
   stop id, fetch version 3 from the main API.
   - Pros: I already know how to do that
   - Cons: Potentially too much load on the OSM server.
           Will I be rate-limited?
           Requires some script writing which could take
           more time than the way below.

2. Download a history-supporting planet file,
   and extract the desired bus stops through Osmosis.
   - Pros: Less API load
   - Cons: I'm not sure what the proper Osmosis commands are,
           and if this  is a supported operation. Also, I need
           to download a big file (the oldest history supporting
           import is 40GB from 2013).

3. Other suggestions?

Why I need this:

I am creating a script[1] for incrementally updating GTFS imports.
It'll initially be used in Israel but it can be adopted worldwide. We
have an import from 2012 which was "dumped and forgotten" and is now
very stale. I want to forever fix this.

The ministry of transportation publishes new GTFS files daily. My
script compares an older GTFS file with newer one, and only updates the
bus stops that were changed/added/deleted. The idea is to feed it a
newer GTFS database daily or weekly. However, I do not possess the file
that was used in the 2012 import, so, in order to bootstrap the script,
I need to recreate that file from the old OSM data.

[1] https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=16738&p=3
(note: SwiftFast and SafwatHalaby are both me)

Thanks in advance.