>> 2. Its not a WORK to automatically update one osm tag according to another
>> osm tag (anybody can do it online/locally/etc). It adds NO value.
>
> It adds HUGE value, as was repeatably shown. Thanks to Wikidata IDs, the
> community was able to see and fix tens of thousands of errors in Wikipedia
> tags. <...>

  It is mostly because you pushed the effort, not beaucse of
"advantage of wikidata". The same fixing has already been done for
YEARS before your effors based on wikipedia tags only. And fixing
wikipedia tags is in no way inferior to your method. Maybe even
better, because it involves less „geekiness“ - they are more
understandable to larger portion of OSM community.

>> 3. It is totally unacceptable to introduce idea that wikipedia tag could
>> be removed at some time, because some other new automatically filled tag has
>> been introduced.
>
> First, it is always acceptable to introduce and discuss new ideas. Any
> ideas. Always. <...>

  Yes. But when you're told by numerous people numerous times that
current mechanism works, and there is nothing BETTER in your advice
(other than your theoretical rambilngs), you cannot advice to destroy
existing working mechanism.

> We are discussing the way to improve them,
> because they are currently broken. Badly.

  And they are perfectly being fixed without involving wikidata tags
there, where people WANT to do that and do WORK to fix them.

> Also, please elaborate which community has asked me to stay away???

  Lithuania. We are in active action on not only fixing wikipedia
tags, but also adding missing tags to OSM, adding missing coordinates
to wikipedia, aligning coordinates between OSM and wikipedia etc. For
YEARS!

> 4) could you elaborate on who uses wikipedia
> tags, and how they are being used? It would greatly help to understand
> various use cases for such data.

  When we create a POI detail page, we want to add a link (url without
redirects) to a wikipedia page. To do that it is straightforward to
use a value in wikipedia tag.

--
Tomas