Hi,

We'll probably start to render island/islet labels earlier (if the code will be merged, of course), so I've made a short info with renderings on z4-z6 showing only island names on the planet:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/2890#issuecomment-336664545

It looks like some of the biggest islands are not tagged this way - probably because they are already visible as a land and tagged as admin entity, but not all the maps are political, so please add the proper tagging to make island/islet dataset more complete.

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]