I we follow the Highway Tag Africa wiki page I initiated in 2013, narrow
highways should be evaluaed on the type of traffic possible - highway=
residential in residential areas if at least passable by 4 wheels- highway=path
if only motorcycles, bicyles and foot traffic is possible.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Highway_Tag_Africa

The additions made to the wiki page a few months ago about the width add
confusion. I think that we should simply move this in a separate section giving
guidance on possible widths that represent the various types of highways.

regard

Pierre

    Le mardi 14 novembre 2017 16:14:22 HNE, john whelan <jwhelan0...@gmail.com>