(first of all, I have not read the backlog of this conversation, only the last
few messages)

Hi

I work for a company that does public transport information and we use OSM for
footrouting, POIs and background map. This means we do very general edits
without any particular directives to what, when and how. Basically if we see a
problem – any problem – we fix it ad hoc. We might be tracing or importing
missing roads (in accordance with Norwegian road import regulations), fixing
mispelled names or improper tagging, draw in railway platforms etc. Because of
the great diversity and general nature of our mapping I feel it would make more
sense to simply have user profile linking rather than the changeset hashtags.
My user would act as the hashtag. Otherwise we would have to use lots of
hashtags for different types of edits or just one that means “this is us” which
would only mirror our user profiles anyway.

Therefore I feel I am opposed to the absoluteness of the damand of hashtagging
every changeset – although I see its usefulness for mapping events or
Maproulettes.

++
Also there is a wording that keeps confusing me in the policy:
You must ensure that people looking at your edits know that they are part of a
directed mapping activity

Looks like the people looking at the edits are part of the activity.

Johan Wiklund
Data manager
johan.wikl...@entur.org<mailto:johan.wikl...@entur.org>
www.entur.org<http://www.entur.org/>