sent from a phone

> On 25. Dec 2017, at 15:34, Ilya Zverev <i...@zverev.info> wrote:
>
> What I'd like to highlight, is that zero GTFS feeds were used for that. All
> the data comes from OpenStreetMap.

Ilya, it’s great to see intermodal routing implemented in maps.me.

Still this recent concerted action showed yet another time the problems with
people editing out of their familiar local context, and I’d like to use the
opportunity of this thread to point this out and invite other mappers to check
for similar problems in their area (and fix them).
Some months ago a user with a non-local locale had changed a lot of regional
railway routes from rail to light rail in “my area”. Problem is, those are real
railway lines, not light rail. You and some people who follow you have then
used the presence of (only) light rail routes as indication that also the
stations should be light rail stations. This led to nice consistency, different
users mapping different objects (routes and stations) in a consistent way -
just that it was blatantly wrong.

Please, don’t do it. Do not perform edits that require local knowledge in areas
where you don’t have this knowledge. Do not assume you can deduct missing data
from other map data, especially in a field like public transport, where few
mappers are active, and where bugs and errors might sleep for longer than in
other fields (this point actually might improve with more people using the
data, and this is of course a very positive aspect of maps.me using this data
for routing).

Again, great to see this now implemented in maps.me.

Cheers,
Martin